ferret fun palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 3 little Kit's Story

4 posters

Go down

The 3 little Kit's Story Empty The 3 little Kit's Story

Post by cathytheslayer Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:13 am

I made the mistake of going into our local Garden center to buy a sack of kibble,
Had a look round & couldn't see the sack I was looking for so asked the girl behind the counter she said it would be in stock on friday & come back to collect it, She then said have you seen the ferret kit's we have in, I said no so she showed them to me, Well, there were 3 Kit's in a rat cage all very small & skinny looking, 2 teeny silver's that cant have been more than 4.5/5 weeks old & a poley who looked to be about 6 weeks old, their shelter was a bit of cardboard tube about 10" long & they had only shaving's in the cage with some dry chudley's kibble & a water bottle. Poor little guy's couldnt even cuddle up together just lie in a line in the tube. I told the girl their teeth weren't big enough to eat the huge kibble pieces & it should be soaked for them, also asked if they were being given raw meat & a little kitten milk as they were so young. no was the answer it will make a mess of the cage. I left the shop fast. On friday I went back for my kibble, had a peep at the kit's, they had lost weight, I already had 12 fuzzies & really no room for more but those poor little guy's needed help. I left them & went home worried about them after giving a little more advice, I Thought it's the weekend someone might buy them, Well after much agonizing over the weekend I went back on monday & bought them home, I got a "discount" on the 3 & paid £100 for them. (had to tell OH a porky that they had been abandoned & delayed paying the council tax for an extra week) Just in time, they were so thin & dehydrated & the 2 silver's were barely moving, I mixed up some lactol with some RCC & gave it to them with a syringe, the little poley had his from a saucer then a bit later when they seemed a little more active gave them some mince & more lactol mix. it was touch & go for a few day's but thankfully they all put on weight very fast & are now big bouncy boy's named Slinky the poley boy & Gilbert & Gubbins the silver bro's happily living with surrogate mum & dad Valkerie & Mr Graffitti Very Happy

cathytheslayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

The 3 little Kit's Story Empty Re: The 3 little Kit's Story

Post by ferretwumun5 Admin Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:19 am

its good you went back heaven knows what would have happened
most likely they'd have died of lack of basic care they should be ashamed to be called a pet shop

Last edited by ferretwumun5 Admin on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total

ferretwumun5 Admin
Admin

https://ferrethouse.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by cathytheslayer Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:26 am

Gilbert & Gubbins 3 hour's after arival now fed & content with full bellies
The 3 little Kit's Story IMG_1470

The 3 little Kit's Story IMG_1471
Slinky fed & guarding his food & toy's
The 3 little Kit's Story IMG_1491-1

cathytheslayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cathytheslayer Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:30 am

I did report to the RSPCA & Trading standard's but I don't think anything was done about it, These babies were far too young to have left mum, The thing's people will do for money makes me feel sick & I really didn't want to buy them to encourage further sales but these little guy's really needed rescueing

cathytheslayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ferretwumun5 Admin Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:38 am

yeah its a catch 22 dammed either way i know is expensive having them all but the thought of them dying from thurst & starvation is to much to bear

ferretwumun5 Admin
Admin

https://ferrethouse.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by cathytheslayer Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:47 am

I was going to rehome them when big & strong enough but you know what happen's, Ciaran fell in love with the little guy's & so did I lol, So just built another run for the sittingbourne 5, but that's it Fuzzy villa's is full
Growing up pic 3 week's later
The 3 little Kit's Story IMG_1503

cathytheslayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:25 am

Unbelievable that a pet shop would treat them so badly and it's scary to think that now that they have SOLD them! They will get more and do it again.
Slayer you are my hero of the month x
Deano
Deano

Back to top Go down

Post by just-jenni Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Thank goodness you found them. They could have been brought as a spur of the moment present, then died or dumped. Well done Cathy.

just-jenni

Back to top Go down

Post by cathytheslayer Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:10 am

They are such lovely good natured cuddly boy's & no joking I havend't had a single nip from any of them even in play & niether has anyone else, Sadly one of the silver boy's is stone deaf & the other has only partial hearing, apart from that they are healthy fat bouncy babies

cathytheslayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum