ferret fun palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lyra's Adventure

3 posters

Go down

Lyra's Adventure Empty Lyra's Adventure

Post by cathytheslayer Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:47 am

Yesterday cleaning out as usual & Lyra doing her normal inspect "Housekeeping" act making sure the kibble & water bowls were to her satisfaction with Leo then suddenly decided she would jump from the hutch top onto my shoulder then across & onto the inside of the door up onto the roof onto the wall up the wooden fence & into next door's garden, plopped down into a flower border then started to look round, I went into the kitchen grabbed a chunk of chicken from their bowl & called her hoping she would climb back up the fence to where I could grab her,she started to come then the resident 2 blue cat's spotted her & chased poor Lyra into the drain & sat their waiting for her to come out, the young polish lady in the next garden asked me what was going on so I told her one of my ferret's is about to get killed by the cat's so she climbed over the wall & shoo'd the cat's away then came over to me so I could pass a short ladder over so I could get over the 6' wall/fence combo, Tempted the naughty & by now very frightened & shaking Lyra out of the drain with the chicken & gave it to & climbed back out checked her over & stuck her into a carrier to calm down while I finished sorting the rest of the run. Fortunatly she is completely unharmed & back to her normal antic's.
I had ferret proofed the outside with plywood to stop climbing up but had not ferret proofed the inside of the door, Now sorted temporarily with a piece of plastic hastily stapled on until I get time to do a decent job at the weekend

cathytheslayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lyra's Adventure Empty Re: Lyra's Adventure

Post by percyfuzzle Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:33 am

they do like to give us something to do dont they lol
percyfuzzle
percyfuzzle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cathytheslayer Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:41 am

Well if you saw the state of me on a semi extended loft ladder clutching a fuzzy over the rather wobbly wooden bit of fence the other side of the wall then onto a step ladder you would have pure ROFL ed, & pos pmsl too, elegant it most certainly was not, lol

cathytheslayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ferretwumun5 Admin Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:08 am

you must have been a grand sight bet the wee minx trys that stunt again they dont learn its a game lets rip a p*** out of mum lol

ferretwumun5 Admin
Admin

https://ferrethouse.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by cathytheslayer Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:40 am

ye for sure short fat middle aged with cordroyes tucked into socks in an enormous woolly one hand on wriggling scratching fuzz wanting down with her bit of chirky one hand on ladder, lol

cathytheslayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cathytheslayer Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:59 am

Guess what, the little horror did it Again, other side of the garden tho, "someone" not me had left an old sheep trough against the wall, captured in the act of disapearing over the edge, Really got to keep me beady eye on Lyra & young Slinky who also had an investigate of next door's garden last night, Tho he was spotted jumping from hutch roof to wall then over & again thankfully recovered safe & sound in minutes, Now busy ferretproofing the mesh round the top & that includes the insides of the door's on all run's to prevent further escapes & near heart attack's also reminding Hubby Not to leave climbable stuff near the walls again

cathytheslayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ferretwumun5 Admin Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:47 am

1 pack of post it note with do's and donts on them stuck in prominent places so hubby sees them
i did say she would have another go

ferretwumun5 Admin
Admin

https://ferrethouse.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by cathytheslayer Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:52 am

Ye, once they find a way they start looking for another route

cathytheslayer
Admin

Back to top Go down