ferret fun palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give me strength.

4 posters

Go down

Give me strength. Empty Give me strength.

Post by just-jenni Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:09 am

Is the world mad or me!
Animals passed the social worker inspection.
I take grandaughter for social services medical. They are paying our Gp to do this, so hes booked an hour appointement.
Skip through stupid medical.He asks if i have any concerns emotional or physical. I explain concern over grandaughters anger issues, the violence, abuse etc that she lashes out with. He tells me in front of her that its normal behaviour on her journey from teens to adulthood, yeah ok, dont know any of my friends kids being this extreem, and I would have killed my own kids I think.
I explain shes abusive at school, disrupts lessons, is violent, he assures me its normal. I ask why the rest of her class isnt doing it, he sighs and reminds me how lucky I am shes not self harming.
Like what the heck, it must be me thats going crazy. Well at least grandaughter now has the knowledge that its okay to behave like this. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

just-jenni

Back to top Go down

Give me strength. Empty Re: Give me strength.

Post by cathytheslayer Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:05 am

Maddening for sure, Does your grand daughter have any hobbies or interest's that she would like to do so that she can focus on & help channel her energies in a constructive fashion ?

cathytheslayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by percyfuzzle Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:10 am

so you're supposed to look on the bright side even when it's dark and dismal
I feel for you ont getting the support you need
percyfuzzle
percyfuzzle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ferretwumun5 Admin Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:38 am

theres not really any logic to any of it
i mean assessing animals for?
imo they need protecting incase your grandaughter harms them
shes to busy kicking off to self harm
all that said shes not had the best form her parents
no offence jen

ferretwumun5 Admin
Admin

https://ferrethouse.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by just-jenni Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:51 pm

None taken Eileen, I'm the first to admit that the parenting sucked big time. But !!! at 15.5 and claiming to want to change your life and make something of it, you cant keep bleating its the parents fault now. The parents are not around now to make her act this way. Maybe I'm just old school, but shes been given a golden oppotunity to start over, leave the old crap behind, past actions put behind. So why start again in the same old behaviour.
Strikes me all the official bodies make excuses for actions with no consiquenses to be paid. Then thats easy when they dont have to take care of them.
Hobbies, hmmmm yeah, boys, yeah normal for age. The worst boys the best sort. Make up. normal. Anything other than chatting up guys of facebook, forget it lol.
Most annoying thing is, under it all shes a sweet, funny smart kid, throwing every oppotunity down the drain.
Anyways I needed to rant sorry somewhere, as talking to the people that are meant to help ends in me wanting to beat my head on a wall.

just-jenni

Back to top Go down

Post by cathytheslayer Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:57 am

No problem, rant away, Yep boy's oh dear,that is all part of growing up & they won't be told, as for picking the wrong sort in the past guilty, it seems the young generation do spend a lot of time indoor's on computer's or watching crap on tv. Not sure what to suggest really, when I was that age I was kept far too busy to get into truble & spent all of my spare time either looking after my brother's or my ponies, which involved a 5 mile walk either way whatever the time of year or weather & if I wanted something had to earn the money myself or go without, & that included paying all horse keeping cost's, & as a single parent later on I managed to avoid most parental pitfalls during the terrible teen's simply by taking my son to battle re-enactment's & giving him a robust outlet to let off steam & find freind's who didn't hang round street corner's & get into trouble, of course that is certainly not everyones cup of tea but it did teach him a sense of honour & good moral fiber in a fun, exciting environment

cathytheslayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cathytheslayer Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:08 am

The thing about teenager's is they think they know it all & we just want em to squish into a boreing mould, not realizing they are just following the herd or what other's Say they do, They want to be individuals & stamp their mark, seemingly not reasoning we were that age too once & getting older doesent mean we forgot. been there, done it, got the Tshirt. sometimes a little inverse psychology work's, I never told my son he couldn't do something butsimply & jokingly gave him the likely out comes of what was likely to happen if he did, well it worked after him doing stuff & what I said happened he did fortunatly take note & avoided many pitfall's of growing up, to sort out a teenager you gotta think like one to a certain degree, let em think they are getting their own way but they aint if you get me

cathytheslayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum